Fendre les flots
from October 2015 to June 2016
“Correspondences” is an exchange project, a special partnership between La Criée and schools, recreation centres, and social welfare and health bodies. For the Breaking the Waves season Correspondances offers an opportunity for imaginative involvement with the shoreline, the sea and travel, and an investigation of how we relate to reality, our bodies and the elements.
The project is aimed at groups of young people and adults interested in discovery, research and experimentation in the context of the art centre’s programme. It includes encounters at La Criée and other venues throughout the season:
- – a presentation of the art centre, its history and the art exhibition professions
- – a choice of tours of two exhibitions at La Criée
two visual art experimentation workshops based on interaction with artworks
- – a research and/or creation project prepared by teachers and educators in the partner establishments, based on ideas triggered by the workshops
provision of resources: loans of artists’ videos and books, and a selection of books on the Breaking the Waves theme
- – invitations to the “Rayons Verts” (Green Flashes) events
- – encounters with professional artists invited as part of the season
exchanges and networking of artworks on La Criée’s Correspondences blog
end of season feedback sessions with Correspondances participants Each Correspondance is worked out in discussions with the partners and is modulated according to the interests of each group; the overall aim is to promote discovery and interchange in the light of the artists’ approaches and works.